Guild Stuff

Cassian

Post by Cassian »

Urbsailor wrote: As for side, in most beta articles it looks like Destruction have a bigger player base (60/40).
Perfect argument for playing Order!
Frost Ruby - Elementalist on Blacktide, Guild Wars 2
formerly known as:
Hardly - Rune Priest, Warhammer
... and so many more ...
Duckhunter

Post by Duckhunter »

True, Destruction has a larger player base - kiddies find playing orcs and especially chaos much cooler than dwarves or empire. (Destruction also seems to be favored by the devs in both of the game trailers...) Think that was the same with Midgard, back in the good old days.. So I´d also prefer to play the "underdogs" of order - just to make a point (and play my shadow warrior, of course).

As for the healer classes, there are some. From what I´ve read so far, every class was designed as a hybrid class, and you can chose as you advance in your levels, if you want to stay hybrid or focus on one of your two roles. Like for example the goblin shaman was designed to be both DD and healer. Your option are three so called "paths", in his case the path of gork, the path of mork (gork and mork are the gods of the goblins), and the path of da green.
The path of gork improves your damage spells and dots, the path of mork grants you bigger heals and buffs - a fully mork specced shaman heals twice (!) the amount of a non-specced one. Path of da green is for players who can´t decide or want to play both healer and DD at the same time - just not as good as a dedicated shaman.

Btw, for those of you who do not receive the Warhammer Newsletter, a brandnew trailer just came out and it looks damn good. http://www.war-europe.com/mediaplayer.h ... height=344
Enjoy!
Sodhom, Icemage (retired)
Leskarion, Guardian (retired)
Kari

Post by Kari »

I've been reading a little about it - since I've preordered and all I figured I should actually see what I'm getting into.

I'm hearing of mirror classes on either side, dont know how true it is, so

archmage = shaman
witch hunter = witch elf

Anyone got a list?
Cassian wrote:comparable to lovesickness it would seem, only caused by sausage.
Aldain wrote:Can they anal probe me in my sleep?
Cassian

Post by Cassian »

Ok .. that trailer was awesome!
Frost Ruby - Elementalist on Blacktide, Guild Wars 2
formerly known as:
Hardly - Rune Priest, Warhammer
... and so many more ...
Urbsailor

Post by Urbsailor »

Kari wrote:I've been reading a little about it - since I've preordered and all I figured I should actually see what I'm getting into.

I'm hearing of mirror classes on either side, dont know how true it is, so

archmage = shaman
witch hunter = witch elf

Anyone got a list?
Im not sure theyre mirrored to be honest. On Order side I can find 2 ranged healers who also have a damage output choice to spec (archmage + rune priest). While on Dest only shaman fullfil that. (if I read it all right which I very much doubt atm hehe) There are some very similar chars on both sides though thats for sure.

I personally feel an urge to play a char named after a cheesy metal band from the 80-90s :lol:
Nedo - White Lion
Bibibi - Runepriest (omg female dorfs are ugly)
Aldain wrote:Omg the outrage :-?
Kari

Post by Kari »

The zealot seems to be a ranged healer also. I'm torn as chaos has the best looking armours by far, the dark elf sorceress looks ace, but the option to look like a complete evil dandy with a floppy hat, sword and pistol means witch hunters are always gonna look cool :)

Fuck knows, I'm off today & catching up on WAR info, lol. That and the olympics ofc!
Urbsailor wrote:I personally feel an urge to play a char named after a cheesy metal band from the 80-90s :lol:
There's certainly plenty of RAWK possibilities. And big hair...

/edit:
http://www.mediafire.com/?zzormz4l3rv
Seems to be a pdf of a newbie guide.
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

Urbsailor wrote:
Kari wrote:I personally feel an urge to play a char named after a cheesy metal band from the 80-90s :lol:
Abba?
Galgael (Bright Wiz) - Warhammer
Galgael (Bear Shaman) - Age of Conan
Fuzzy Sporran (Ele/Mez) - GW - lvl 20
Fuzy (Druid) - WoW
Fuzzy (Friar) - 51/R7L1 (Camlan) + others
Duckhunter

Post by Duckhunter »

How dare you call Abba a metal band... apart from being swedish, there´s nothing good about Abba, whereas metal - well it´s metal!

I personally would be honored to play alongside Mr. ManoWar ;)

To answer that mirror class question:

there are similarities, but not for all of the classes, and there are no complete mirrors.

For example, witch-elf and witch hunter are both melee DDs who can stealth for about 30 seconds (btw, stealth won´t be as OP as in WoW). They both do combo damage (like assassin in Diablo), but where the witch-elf seems to deal more physical damage consistantly, the witch hunter has his beloved sawed-off shotgun (it´s more like a pistol, actually) that he can use for shooting fleeing enemies in the back - sounds like a bit higher spike damage to me.

The high-elf white lion and the chaos barbarian are both melee DDs, yet they are very different, like the white lion having a pet (!) and the barbarian being able to adapt to any new threat by simply growing a new arm (or tentacle), which is very disgusting by the way.

So, similarities yes, mirrors no.

(Again I have to add, that´s all second hand writing. I was not lucky enough to play the beta myself, so all I can do is read and sum up what different people write in their beta reports).
Urbsailor

Post by Urbsailor »

Pff...theres a character named after a metalband...White Lion.....rings a bell?

"wheeeen the chiiiiildreeeen cryyyy bla bla bla". [smilie=banana.gif]
Nedo - White Lion
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

Just for that, I'm sorely tempted to name all my chars after Abba songs and will vote to change the guild name to Followers of Dancing Queen.
Galgael (Bright Wiz) - Warhammer
Galgael (Bear Shaman) - Age of Conan
Fuzzy Sporran (Ele/Mez) - GW - lvl 20
Fuzy (Druid) - WoW
Fuzzy (Friar) - 51/R7L1 (Camlan) + others
Urbsailor

Post by Urbsailor »

I been reading alot about game and 1 of the key things in this kinda game as I see it is how they handle CC and AE CC specially.

Only AE CC I seen while reading is a 7s root and a 10s snare, anyone have info on this? It effect game shitloads imo if there are real CC or not.
Nedo - White Lion
Kari

Post by Kari »

Haven't seen a lot about CC, and what I have read makes it sound like Mythic really have learnt a lot of lessons from DAoC.
Urbsailor

Post by Urbsailor »

Kari wrote:Haven't seen a lot about CC, and what I have read makes it sound like Mythic really have learnt a lot of lessons from DAoC.
Pretty darn horrible to be heal/nuker if theres no real snare/root to get awaaaaaai from the tanks though :/
Nedo - White Lion
Kari

Post by Kari »

There's collision detection between enemies tho I think (correct me if I'm wrong, it may have been taken out) so an actual tank wall may work - plus I have yet to find a skill list.

Although one skill that makes me crack up is the Black Orks 'Right in da jibblies' :)
Duckhunter

Post by Duckhunter »

There is collision detection, so you can actually form an impassable wall. Combat system in general still seems to be bugged tho, since it responds very late to key strokes, and key spamming can often result in failed combos.
But, there are two major patches to be implemented until release, so we´ll see.

By the way, maybe we should continue talking in the right forum... not that I really care where we´re talking, just that I´ ve been granted user rights to the warhammer section and want to write in it :p