First Impressions

Fuzzy

First Impressions

Post by Fuzzy »

First impressions are quite good.

Service:
I only have a little bit of lag every now and then, but that might have something to do with my slow 4GB connection as well. I might try to tone the graphics down a wee bit to see if that helps. Obviously, there have been a few server down-times, but that's only to be expected at a launch...and even more so for an early-entry launch.

Graphics:
I've just got a new graphics card. It's a lot better than the previous one but admittedly, not the best. The eye-candy is very nice indeed. Environment is beautiful and dynamic, characters and their equipment/armour are very attractive (you can even strip your char down to only a teenie-weenie g-string and no top :-) ). The only complaint is that it's a right pain to play during in-game night in the summer.

Classes: (I've only tried 2 so far - Bear Shaman (lvl6) and Demonologist (lvl 11))
Sham: Pretty much like Friar in DAoC - a lot of mele-ing but you get your main healing spells at about lvl 17 (according to the Abilities calc). I've not played it much, but it seems quite fun.
Dem: This is all mage - just boom boom boom :-). You know me - I like to make things go kablui...that's why I've played this for a bit longer. You get a pet after a bit...but it's pretty useless at the moment - I think it just tickles my enemies with fire - no melee on this pet as yet.

PvP
Admittedly, I've not done much of this. I've had a couple of fights solo vs 2-tanks/rogues. They jumped me the 1st time and got me. The 2nd time, I jumped them - got the one and nearly the other. The system seems good, as far as I could tell, but can't really make a great opinion without more practice and some grouping. The nice thing is that you have Day-quests (pvp and gen. community) and night quests (solo). It's not a matter of waiting for night or day, but rather going to the relevant npc and indicating if you'd like to switch from one to the other. This really helps if you're frustrated with pvp and just want to quest in peace for a bit till you level up enough to feel confident again.
Galgael (Bright Wiz) - Warhammer
Galgael (Bear Shaman) - Age of Conan
Fuzzy Sporran (Ele/Mez) - GW - lvl 20
Fuzy (Druid) - WoW
Fuzzy (Friar) - 51/R7L1 (Camlan) + others
Spis

Post by Spis »

My first impressions is much like Fuzzy's. Though i've been struggling with making the computer run the game. Atm im running with around 10 fps with the lowest settings and opted the computer to run max speed. So guess whos gonna spend a few bucks on upgrading soonish :P

Ive made a Ranger which is lvl 6 atm, pretty much the same as rangers in daoc, not much to say there :) Stealth, special bow shots, dual wield. Though you can still shoot with the bow even though mobs come melee range :) Dont think theres any penalty worth mentioning there.

Can't really comment on graphics or anything before i try the game at its full potential. :lol:
Never played DAoC, and im proud of it!

Spis waz h3r3!
Kari

Post by Kari »

Sounds good chaps. I have that new game feeling going on atm, you know mustplaymustplaymustplay. I'm fairly sure my ageing system will crap itself when I try and run AoC on it like. But I'm due am upgrade, haha...

Everything I've heard about the game has been ridiculously positive, which is bloody odd for a mmorpg!!
Cassian wrote:comparable to lovesickness it would seem, only caused by sausage.
Aldain wrote:Can they anal probe me in my sleep?
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

You're right Kari - it's bound to be a comi plot :-)
All that talk in-game of Red Hands - we KNOW that that's all about.
Fuzy (Druid) - WoW
Kari

Post by Kari »

Fuzzy wrote:All that talk in-game of Red Hands - we KNOW that that's all about.
Now I immediately thought of something completely inappropriate here, lol. And ew :)
Cassian

Post by Cassian »

Kari wrote:Now I immediately thought of something completely inappropriate here, lol. And ew :)
[smilie=ahhhhh.gif]
Frost Ruby - Elementalist on Blacktide, Guild Wars 2
formerly known as:
Hardly - Rune Priest, Warhammer
... and so many more ...
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

...well...it IS possible to strip your char down to a VERY small g-stringy type thing :-)

...there is NO way that I'm EVER going to make a male char in this game ;-)
Fuzy (Druid) - WoW
Cassian

Post by Cassian »

Any infos about the stealth classes in this game? Is massiv ganking common in the early levels?
I still remember the early levels as a bard on Camlann ..
formerly known as:
... and so many more ...
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

I've not seen a stealth class yet...so they must be really stealthy :-)

Actuall - all classes can stealth. You are able to put points into a number of abilities each level and stealth is one of them...as well as Searching (I assume - one's ability to spot stealthers). It might be that stealthers get some additional stealthiness as well - not sure.
Fuzy (Druid) - WoW
Urbsailor

Post by Urbsailor »

I read some guy who was lvl31 allready, I assume lvling is very fast?
Nedo - White Lion
Bibibi - Runepriest (omg female dorfs are ugly)
Aldain wrote:Omg the outrage :-?
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

Aye - at the beginning, it is quite speedy. I've not spent too much time on it, but I can well believe that somebody who's played a lot over the last 3 days will have been able to reach that. Well, there are 80 levels, so it might be plausable.
Fuzy (Druid) - WoW
Kari

Post by Kari »

Barbarians are a stealth class. Fancy that :)
Urbsailor

Post by Urbsailor »

So a friends friend playing sums the PVP up like this...sounds horribly wrong to me ^^

"the assasin can bascially kill most classes in 1 combo so far, they need a fast and HARD nerf" Correct or he needs to stay off the drugs?
Nedo - White Lion
Bibibi - Runepriest (omg female dorfs are ugly)
Aldain wrote:Omg the outrage :-?
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy »

No idea - not come accross any and not tried it either.
Fuzy (Druid) - WoW
Cassian

Post by Cassian »

Urbsailor wrote:"the assasin can bascially kill most classes in 1 combo so far ...
Has that ever been different? :p (ok, I might be overreacting a bit since I almost always play cloth chars, but thats my personal experience)
formerly known as:
... and so many more ...